8 Feb 2016

Chess960 SP587

Chess960 SP587

Today I will share a chess960 game and some chess games. This game was played at ChessRex as a correspondence game. Time control for this game was 4 days per move. The game started January 7th 2016 and finished on January 31st 2016. The game started with Djoule developing his or her pieces more efficiently than me in my opinion because after seven moves, Djoule had developed both of his or her knights, the dark-squared bishop and castled. While that happened, I had developed my knights and castled, but I had also developed and undeveloped my light-squared bishop.

The balance shifted in my favor and back to a more even position many times during the first 19 moves of the game, but starting on move 20, the game went more and more to my favor. After the move 20.dxc5, which turned out to be a mistake, I was able to reply correctly with Rxc5 which gave me some play on the c-file. I am not sure why Djoule played 21.Be3 and sacrificed the c-pawn. Maybe it was a misclick or something. When you make a move at ChessRex, there is no submit move button that you would need to click after you have moved. Therefore if you click on a piece and dropped it somewhere where it did not originate, you have made your move, unless the move you made is illegal that is. While on the subject of making moves, I would also like to mention that castling in chess960 games does not follow the same kind of logic at ChessRex that I have seen on other sites. In most sites I have played chess960, you castle by moving your king in top of the rook on the side you want to castle, but on ChessRex you move the king to a square where it should land after castling and the question box appears whether you want to castle or not. This is the way I remember it works anyway. On move 29 I wanted to play safely in my opinion, so I played f6, in order to avoid discovered checks on the long diagonal. I am not sure if I already thought about Rg2+ and my possible discovered checks on the long diagonal, but I wanted to make sure my opponent had as little counterplay as possible. However, my move was not the best move and I should have gone for Rg2+. The game continuation was good enough to keep the winning advantage on my side and I did not let go of the advantage in the remainder of the game and after seeing my 45th move, Djoule resigned. I have added one more analysed game the following posts: B18 Caro-Kann Defense: Classical Variation. Main Line, B43 Sicilian Defense: Kan Variation, Knight Variation, C99 Spanish Game: Morphy Defense. Chigorin Defense Panov System and C69 Spanish Game: Exchange Variation, Alapin Gambit. In addition, I have also added two mate in two, one mate in three, one mate in four and one mate in five puzzle today.

No comments:

Post a Comment