20 Jan 2017

Things are changing again

Things are changing again

The most notable change that is going on in the blog is the fact that I changing the way I publish chess games. I used to publish them using the publishing feature in ChessBase 12. Then I needed to change to the one provided by Chess.com because the way that the CB 12 allowed me to publish games did not suit my needs anymore. Now that ChessBase has a new way of publishing games and diagrams I am changing back to it because it is much easier and faster way for me. If the ChessBase publishing tool would also support Chess960, I would use it for those games as well. Alas, it does not, which means that publishing Chess960 games the way I have done so far will remain quite slow. I will from now on publish my chess games using only one replayer per post. This may be an improvement in sense that if one wants to download all games of a certain opening, then one can download them all at once rather than one by one. Also one does not need to scroll down the post, but instead click on the next game in the replayer. The ChessBase replayer also provides the possibility of analysing the games with an engine. There also other interesting features in it, but you may need to maximise the replayer in order to see them all. I am also happy about the "living" diagrams that I can now do, thanks to ChessBase. The new diagrams are an improvent to the old static positions that you may have seen in this blog. In the "living" diagrams you can make moves and go back and forth the line you have played.

I have also changed the way the mobile version of the site is shown. This I made mainly due to the fact that I was not able to get the new ChessBase features to work properly on mobile phones. Admittedly I should have probably made the chance before, but better late than never, I guess. Today I finally finished the changes that were required for the post Chess960 SP33. However, it will not remain in its current form for all that long because I will divide the Chess960 games not only by starting position, but also by the opening theory used in them. I would use the word theory very carefully here, because at least according to my limited knowledge, there really is no opening theory for Chess960 games. Well, at least there are no named variations in the same way that chess has as far as I am aware. Also when I went through the Chess960 games in SP 33, I noticed a bit of a problem in the analysis for the games. I noticed that using the ± and ∓ signs can be cause problems. Especially the latter one sometimes had changed to the former. Therefore in the future I will use +/- and -/+ signs in order to make sure that kind of a problem is avoided.

While I am changing the replayer, I also update the analysis in the chess games. This is most likely the last time I am updating the analysis in my chess games because of the huge time consumption. The posts in which I have updated both the analysis and the replayer are as follows: A00 Amar Opening: General, A00 Anderssen Opening: General, A00 Clemenz Opening: General, A00 Van't Kruijs Opening: General, A04 Zukertort Opening: Nimzo-Larsen Variation, A35 English Opening: Symmetrical Variation. Two Knights Variation, A38 English Opening: Symmetrical Variation. Full Symmetry Line, A43 Franco-Benoni Defense, B00 Owen Defense: General, B01 Scandinavian Defense: Mieses-Kotroc Variation, B07 Pirc Defense: Kholmov System, B32 Sicilian Defense: Open #3, B33 Sicilian Defense: Lasker-Pelikan Variation. Sveshnikov Variation Chelyabinsk Variation, B72 Sicilian Defense: Dragon Variation. Classical Variation, B83 Sicilian Defense: Scheveningen Variation, Modern Variation #3, C01 French Defense: Exchange Variation and C66 Spanish Game: Berlin Defense, Closed Wolf Variation.

No comments:

Post a Comment