7 May 2018

It is time for me to retire from typing a blog about chess and its variants

It is time for me to retire from typing a blog about chess and its variants

When I started doing this blog on July 15th, 2014, my goal was to go analyze all my games with an engine and name the posts according to the opening played in the games that appear in the post. This meant that I needed to update older posts whenever I discovered other games in a certain opening that I had already covered in the blog. It was also a way for me to force myself to go through my games, which I would not have normally done. Later I started to also add Chess960 games to the blog when I found a publishing tool that was able to that. While I have been able to reach my goal partly, I have in the past made quite a few mistakes in the posts that you may or may not have noticed. When I have noticed a mistake, I have corrected it the best I way can. For quite a long time now I have been doing changes to the blog, but it does seem like a never ending task and I have not been able to get back to posting consistently new games both from chess and Chess960. It would likely take several more months for me to complete the changes and I do not really think that it would the best use of my time.

Well, I should go now for the actual reason why I named the post the way I did. Lately I have started to think of ways how to best use my time and what I want to do in the future. Typing this blog has been something I have done somewhat regularly for nearly four years and especially recently it has become more of an annoyance to me than anything else. Therefore I think it is time to start using the time I spent doing this blog to other things. I have not been all that passionate about chess or Chess960 for quite some time now and I think I can't type about them in all that interesting way. Continuing to make posts for this blog is something I do not think would be beneficial to me or to other people anymore. I have also turned off the ads, as you may have noticed. It is probably a permanent change. At this point I would like to thank all of the people who have visited my blog or viewed my videos at YouTube or made comments in any of my posts or subscribed, it is much appreciated. I probably won't delete the blog, it will be here in case I ever decide to come back, but at the moment it is very unlikely thing to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment