27 Dec 2019

Blog update

Blog update

On May 7th, 2018 I typed that it was time to retire from doing this blog. At the time I had really no interest of typing this blog anymore. It was too much work for me to do for basically no compensation. That being said, I am likely not getting any money from this in the future either, but I have been interested in about the all possible openings I have played and what my results have been for quite a long time, so I needed to come back and rename all my posts about my chess games, which I finished doing a few days ago. I also corrected some spelling errors I noticed, while I not only changed the name of the posts, but also the publishing tool and mostly updated the analysis. After that I compiled all the statistics and openings shown here to a spreadsheet, which took quite a long time. Perhaps there was a better way to do that but the way I did it took several hours... Anyway, now I know that there are currently 755 different opening lines posted and from the 871 chess games published here, I have won 499 (57,29 %), drawn 87 (9,99 %) and lost 285 (32,72 %).

I do not have the time to type all that much about each game found in this blog and I think that the posts in the future will only contain the games in the publishing tool, but that might change at some point in time. It will not be all that interesting to the possible readers perhaps, but I am mostly doing this for me anyway. For some game commentary made by me, I would recommend checking out my Twitch channel 64squaremadness. I may not be able to stream all that often these days, but I have also thought about activating my YouTube channel a bit too, by uploading my old streams to YouTube. Hopefully I will be able to start doing that starting from January 1st, 2020, but since I need to do some editing to the videos before uploading, I might run out of time, since I still need to work on other things as well. I am probably going to stream later today, check out my channel for the schedule, which should show the time for the stream in your local time.

I still need to do some work on my posts about my 3 check and Chess960 games, mainly the way the games are being published at the moment, but that will not likely happen any time soon. At the moment I just want to get the chess games done, so that some time next year I would have all my games published here, in order to finally know at long last my stats in all the opening lines I have played. At the moment my game game count is almost 9500, so there are quite a lot of games coming here still, even if I would not play any chess games in the mean time which, of course, won't be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment