20 Oct 2014

Deep Fritz 14 crashes and ruins my daily update schedule

Deep Fritz 14 crashes and ruins my daily update

Sometimes I get very annoyed with computers and programs I have in them and yesterday was one of those moments where I just wanted to throw my computer away... I have analysed maybe 60-80 games with my Deep Fritz 14 and used Stockish 5 64 SSE4.2 as the analysis engine to go through my finished games but last Saturday evening was the first time the program became unresponding while it was on full analysis mode. On move 35 it just stopped and did not want to continue anymore. I thought that it was a momentary crash and I should be able to get the analysis done the second try but no, the program still worked fine until it came to that same move 35. I tried moving the game to a different database in case the old one was somehow corrupted and did not work anymore but it still did the same thing. Then I tried to reinstall the program surely it would work now. Nope, it still stopped the analysis on move 35 and the program did not respond anymore. Then I downloaded the pgn for that game again, tried to do the analysis again but still it failed utterly in the same position. I became quite frustrated with the program at this point. Finally I gave up on that game and inserted the moves that were played in the close chess team match game I played Saturday and tried to analyse that game and for some reason that worked start to finish without problems. I even had the same analysis settings that I had in the failed attempts. What can we learn from this? I may have found a position that can't be analysed using that full analysis function. I may need to contact Chessbase about this problem but before I do, I will try to analyse another game and maybe the same length game as the one that keeps failing for some reason or the other. Because this particular problem and partly due to stuff that required my attention elsewhere I wasn't able to post any new content Sunday, sorry for that. I could have posted new positions but after the problem I tried to fix and failed at it, I was too tired to do those.

No comments:

Post a Comment