22 Jul 2016

3 check A04 Reti Opening #2

3 check A04 Reti Opening #2

Lately chess960 games have taken over the blog a bit, but today it is time for a change in the form of 3 check. Whenever I play 3 check games, I want to end them so that the winner of the game is really decided with the third check and not by checkmating the other player. I think I have been successful in my attempts to do that so far. The reason for that is simple. If the 3 check games would end like chess games, there would be no point in playing this variant. That being said, it does change the way I handle the opening phase of the game. In chess games I am not that worried necessarily of giving my opponent a chance to give a check, but in 3 check games I obviously try to prevent the checking possibilities to the best of my abilities. Like usual, the main commenting of these 3 check games I have done in the notation and I am not going to type the same things in this part of the post. As far as this blog is concerned, the next post will see the light of day on Monday, but I am going to post one video to my YouTube channel later on today. I have added two mate in two, one mate in three, one mate in four and one mate in five puzzle today.

This game can also be viewed with my live commentary and the video for it can be seen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment