18 Jul 2016

Chess960 SP431

Chess960 SP431

Last week I was able to get some of the reposting done, but it is still a long way to go before I have done all of them. I finally tested the video editing software I have and because I figured it out to a decent degree, I managed to edit some of my videos so that I feel that I could upload them to YouTube. I think that I will upload one video per day from Monday to Friday starting from today. Here is a link for my YouTube channel. We will see if the experience of doing the videos and editing them improves over time, but I do what I can to make it happen.

The game below was played in a team match called CHESS CORNER 960 vs. CHESS960 SOCIETY. The match consists of 5 boards and I am playing on board 1 for CHESS960 SOCIETY. Sadly this draw is the only game that has contributed to our score in the match. The score at the time I type this is 6.5 - 0.5 in favor of CHESS CORNER 960.

The first big mistake in the game below was played by my opponent on move 8. The move 8...Ne6 move was so bad that it could have lost the game, but because I made the wrong knight move, draw was the most likely outcome of the game. Well, in case both players were to continue with good moves that is. Romeolips made a huge blunder only a little bit later with 11...b5. After that I had a chance to take the winning advantage for the second time, but unlike the first time, this time I was able to take that advantage at first. When romeolips played 16...Rb8 I felt that I had a possibility to win the game, but unfortunately I could not find the correct sequence of moves. I played 17.Nef4, which should be only good enough for a draw. It was not as bad as my 18th move, however, because after the move 18.Nxc3, I was in a losing position. Then on move 20 I made a move that allowed a mate in two sequence to be played. Luckily for me, romeolips did not find the mate in two. However, the move my opponent played 20...Rxb2+ also would have lead to a forced mate, had my opponent found the correct continuation. We continued the game in a way that was very favorable for romeolips until my opponent played 24...Kd7. Due to that move romeolips only had a very small advantage, which remained to the end of the game. I think it was me who offered a draw after 28.Qxd3+ and my opponent agreed to that as there is no real winning chances left for either side. I have added one mate in two, three mate in three and one mate in four puzzle today.

No comments:

Post a Comment