21 Jul 2016

Chess960 SP863

Chess960 SP863

Because the games from my reference database of chess960 games are not automatically added to the notation in the same way as chess games are when I go through the game with the Full Analysis functionality of Deep Fritz 14, I am now going to add most relevant games to the notation myself. To this game I only put one game in the notation because only one game in the database that consists of 169600 games had gone into the position after 2.f4. By the way, all of those games have been played between different engines and while I typed this I compared what Stockfish 7 64 POPCNT thought about the moves and it disagreed with a few moves, especially couple of the moves that Cheng4 0.38 64-bit (2834) did. That game was pretty much over after Cheng4 0.38 64-bit played 10...Qa4. It also did not like all of the moves that the other engine did either. As I have not really compared different engines before, it is interesting to me how they compare to each other.

I started this with a similar idea as the game I shared in this blog yesterday. I think opening the bishop diagonals at the start is a good way to begin the game because it is likely that other pieces are more easily developed and do not need the extra attention. While this was a casual game and no ratings were affected, I still tried to play as well as I can. I soon realised though that I was clearly the more experienced player of the two of us. However, as I do not really expect my opponents to blunder in the first two moves, I sometimes miss something obvious. For instance, I did not see at first that 2...Ned6 just lost a pawn. I can't really remember anymore, but I think I saw the pawn hanging after I had played my knight to b3 on move 3. It did not matter much that I was not paying enough attention on move 3, because Anonymous made an even worse move in reply, allowing me to get a winning advantage so early on. While it may not be all that beneficial to play games where the rating difference of the two players is quite high, this game was fun enough to play because I could get into positions that I normally would not be able to get. For example, the way that my knights jumped around was something I enjoyed. Even though I did try to come up with a mate pattern, I could not see one. I did have a mate in three after 8...Qf6, but unfortunately I missed the nice sequence of moves shown in the notation. It is probably the only thing from this game that I really regret of not being able to do. I have added three mate in three and two mate in four puzzles today.

The game above can also be viewed in the video below, in which I also try to commentate the moves while I play.

No comments:

Post a Comment