21 Apr 2015

Chess960 SP408

Chess960 SP408

In order to change things a bit, I thought it was time once more for a chess960 game and another new starting position. The game below is my first loss in a chess960 game. It will not be the last one though and my second loss might not be that far away. This one was played in a team match called 960: Let's get it on 2105! It is an ongoing match between !♔NM Aww-Rats Free Video Lessons!♔ and Romeo and Juliet. I played on board 8 in this match for Romeo and Juliet. I only managed to get a draw from the two games, so I was not able to help the team all that well. Luckily other players in the team have been in better form than me and we lead the match 48,5 - 121,5. As the match is played on 89 boards, Romeo and Juliet have secured the win with ease. This match started January 1st 2015. I have added two mate in ones, one mate in two, one mate in three and one mate in four today.

Game number two. This is my other game in the match !♔NM Aww-Rats Free Video Lessons!♔ and Romeo and Juliet. This went a bit better than the game above but I think these two games showed that there are a lot of things that I need to understand about chess960 and its different starting positions before I can play them comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment