25 May 2016

Chess960 SP406

Chess960 SP406

It is time for some chess960 once again. This time I share a game that I played at lichess.org on May 22nd, 2016. I broke the symmetry on move 6 because I thought that I needed to prevent the move 7.Bg5. Very quickly this chess960 game started to look a lot like a chess game, apart from the location of the queens that is. Both players kept making decent moves, until I blundered with the move 10...Bxf3. But actually my previous move was already a small inaccuracy because I should have placed the bishop on e6. Taking on f3 was a really bad idea because it helps my opponent to attack. My tenth move was already the losing move, but I did try and fight back as well as I can. I did get a small chance to survive after friend79 played 34.h7. I was likely lost anyway, but due to that inaccuracy my opponent's advantage decreased a bit from winning to a clear advantage. I replied with 34...Rh4, which was good enough reply to 34.h7, but on my next move I blundered horribly again and after that I was completely lost again. I should have accepted the loss after seeing the move 36.Qe3, but for some reason I foolishly continued the game and only after the move 51.Qd4+ I resigned. I have added one mate in two, two mate in three and two mate in four puzzles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment