4 May 2016

Chess960 SP430 with 1.d4 d5 2.Nd2

Chess960 SP430 with 1.d4 d5 2.Nd2

Major chances are coming to this blog in the following days and weeks. I have found a solution to the problem I typed about yesterday, but implementing it will take a very long time. This is because I need to repost all the 1500+ games I have put in the blog so far... That includes both chess and chess960 games. Even though this is a huge project for me to do, there are some upsides to this in addition to the fact that I am able to get my posts to work in both HTTP and HTTPS. It will become possible to download also all the chess960 games that previously could not be downloaded from this blog. The solution to the problem, the new game replayer I am using from now on, will unfortunately decrease the speed of adding games to the blog. The main reason for that is that I need to add the positional evaluations like ∓ and ± to the comments of the pgn-file in order for them to show in game replayer. Previously it only took maybe under a minute to post a chess game from Chessbase 12, now it takes a few minutes to post the same game... Despite of all this I think it is improving the blog enough to make it all worthwhile. By the way, as I added puzzles today, I noticed that there is actually a problem with at least some of the puzzles too, so there is a lot more things to change than I thought. The post has been renamed on January 22nd, 2017. This is the first Chess960 post that will be defined by both the starting position and the opening played in it. Well, at least the part that features good enough moves to be included in theory. In chess there are named opening variations that are rubbish, but what I would like to include here are sound opening moves. The reason I cut the line after 2.Nd2 is that my second move 2...Ndc6 is maybe a slight mistake. That being said maybe up to the move 3...e5 the game remains to be played rather evenly, maybe only a small advantage for White. Maybe the theory could even go up to the move 7...Bh7, since neither side has made any serious mistakes up to that point. People who are better with words than me could come up with names for these Chess960 opening lines when it comes a bit more widely accepted what is theory and what is not. If the naming of the Chess960 opening variations happens in my life time, I might just change the name of my posts accordingly.

This short game was played in a team match called KNOCKOUT 960 Final: Total 960 vs OCD. The match is played on 20 boards between Total 960 and Obsessive Chess Disorder!! I am playing on board 9 for OCD and so far this is the only full point we have been able to get in this match. We are outrated in every board, so we knew from the start that this is not going to be easy. The current score is 8.5 - 1.5 in favor of Total 960, so they have taken a considerable lead already. Time will tell how well we are able to fight against the clearly stronger team, but I think on every board we are doing our best to turn things around.

Sschmieta opened the game with 1.d4 and opened the c1-h6 diagonal for the queen. I would have preferred 1.e4, but 1.d4 should be a good move too. I decided to reply with a similar d-pawn push because other moves seem quite bad in my opinion. My opponent continued with the interesting Nd2, which is again a move I would not have probably chosen to play, but it should be a playable move. I played 2...Ndc6 in order to put pressure on the d4-pawn and maybe prepare 3...e5, so that my bishop can be developed. After the moves 3.e3 e5, it would seem that I have a little bit of an initiave, which suggests to me that White has done something wrong already. I think the move 2...Nd2 is a bit slow and allowed me this early aggression. In truth the position should still be quite even. Besides, that early aggression stopped when I played my bishop to d6 on move 4. My bishop move allowed the move 5.c4 to be played, which seemed to bring the initiave back to sschmieta. I think I had to take on c4 because allowing c5 would be quite bad in my opinion. The downside was that now sschmieta was able to develop the bishop to c4. I continued with my normal developing ideas and played 6...h6 in order to develop my bishop to h7. At this moment it would have been annoying to see 7.Bd3 basically preventing me from developing the bishop to h7. I was glad to see that my opponent chose to play Nc3 instead. Sschmieta tried to develop his bishop to h2 in a similar way that I had developed my bishop to h7, but I was not going to let that happen so easily and played 8...exd4. At this point in the game I was happy how the moves had been played and I liked my position. My opponent took back with the pawn, which might be too risky because the king is still on the e-file. Maybe Nxd4 was better, because it would have prevented the idea that I used in the game. Sschmieta made a horrible blunder when he replied to 10...Re8+ with 11.Ne2 because after 11...Bb4 there is no reason to continue the game anymore. I have added one analysed game to these two posts: B49 Sicilian Defense: Paulsen Variation. Bastrikov Variation and D03 Queen Pawn Game: Torre Attack. I have also added one mate in two, two mate in three and two mate in four puzzles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment