13 Jun 2016

3 check B00 Nimzowitsch Defense: French Connection

3 check B00 Nimzowitsch Defense: French Connection

Time for some 3 check again. I experienced some technical problems over the weekend and one rather annoying problem still persists, which I can't do anything about myself, but instead have to wait an update to the program to fix it. I mean I have contacted the support, so that they know what the problem is. One of the problems I noticed over the weekend was with the new game editor at Chess.com. For some reason I was not able to create new diagrams anymore as easily I had been able to do at first. When I tried to publish more than one game on a separate board immediately after the one I had just done, it did not change the board where the new game would be published, so I needed to redo the publishing of the previous game. Therefore whenever the old version of the game editor works with my games, I will use that because it does some things in a much better way. The old one has two buttons I would like to see in the new one, create a new diagram and embed, so that it would make my life easier. The new one has different possibilities to change the look of the board and pieces, while the old one does not. But anyway, the problem that was annoying me even more was that ChessBase 12 stopped working properly after the most recent update. It is a program that I use every day, so not being able to use it properly has big consequences on how I do things. Luckily Deep Fritz 14 still works without problems, so I can do some of the things I did previously with ChessBase 12 now with Deep Fritz 14, but I can't do some of the things I can only do with CB 12. All of this might not affect what you will see in the blog, it mostly affects me by complicating things a bit.

The comments I have of the game below can be seen in the notation, so I will not spend time repeating what I thought about them here. This loss meant that I dropped my Three-check rating 97 points at lichess.org. The game below is my 4th rated Three-check at the site. I have also played two unrated Three-check games there. I have added three mate in two and two mate in four puzzles today.

This game can also be viewed with my live commentary in the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment