2 Jun 2016

3 check C46 Four Knights Game: Italian Variation

3 check C46 Four Knights Game: Italian Variation

This rather short game was played at lichess.org and the basic time control for this game was 3 minutes and there was also a 1 second increment used. Most of that time I used right before I made my last move in the game. During that thought process my opponent left the game. I am not sure what was the reason for this anonymous player to leave the game, except that this was not a rated game and as such maybe not that important to all players. However, I always play to win no matter if the game is rated or unrated. Or possibly Anonymous thought that the move 7...Nxe4 was completely losing and therefore left the game. Whatever the reason might have been, I would have liked to continue the game.

By the way, I have not been changing the game replayers in my chess960 posts as quickly as I liked because I ran into unexpected problems. The game editor at Chess.com that I have now used for publishing my recent games, for some reason or the other did not properly undertand castling in the two chess960 games I tried to publish. Both were from the same starting position of 39. I sent a bug report about it to Chess.com and received a reply quite quickly. I replied to that message with additional information and after that I have mainly waited for them to fix the problem, but I have also looked for other ways to publish my chess960 games. It seems at the moment that my only chance of getting my games published in a way that is suitable for HTTPS is with the game editor at Chess.com. I have not found any other way to publish both chess and chess960 games in a way that works in HTTPS. Time will tell what happens in the future of the blog, especially if I need to, some time in the future, change the way I publish games again. It would probably change the content of this blog completely and I would need to seriously consider the ratio between cost and benefit. I have added one mate in one, two mate in three and two mate in four puzzles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment