12 Jan 2016

Chess960 SP533

Chess960 SP533

The game below was played at lichess.org today. It was my third game against this same opponent. All of these three games featured one aspect that is very rare in my games, both players used the add time to opponent button that lichess provides. All of these three games started as a 10 minute games without any increment, but at some point during the first game, my opponent add time to my clock. Because I did not want to take advantage of the kind offer, I added the same amount of time to my opponent's clock. This thing kept happening multiple times during our encounters. I am not sure how much time was added per game and I am not sure if it actually saved either player from losing on time. I could if I wanted, calculate the exact times that were added because that information is stored in the game chat. I am not going to do that because it does not really matter to me.

This game had a promising start and I expected that I would win the game quite quickly. After 10...Qxa8 I had a couple of moves that I considered and I think I played the wrong one. The other move I thought about was b3, which I probably should have played, so that I can answer Qb8 with Bb2 and it would seem to me that I would be in total control of the game. When my opponent took the pawn on e5, I was not at all happy with my position anymore because communistdefense started to get more play than I would like. I was able to improve my position a bit with Bf4, but I was not able to figure out a good plan on move 18 and my position started to get worse. The on move 21 I blunder and the advantage shifts into my opponent's favor. After that it is downhill for me and I decided to finally resign on move 28. I have added one analysed game to these posts: C18 French Defense: Winawer Variation. Poisoned Pawn Variation Main Line, C41 Philidor Defense and C68 Spanish Game: Exchange Variation. General. I have also added one mate in one, two mate in three, one mate in four and one mate in five puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment