8 Jan 2016

Chess960 SP442

Chess960 SP442

I was happy with the way I played the first few moves, until my opponent played 6.d5. At that point I was not really sure about my position anymore. I was not sure if my reply 6...Nd4 was the best, but other replies seemed inferior to me at the time. I was somewhat worried during the game that my opponent would trade the dark square bishops. Asuman should have definetely traded them because my dark squared bishop pretty much won the game on its own. When I played 10...Qc8, I thought about the possibility of 11.b3 and considered it to be the losing move. Therefore I was very happy to see it being played. This short game was played at lichess.org yesterday. It could have been shorter, but I went for material instead of the mate. Pretty much right after I had played 12.Bxa1, I noticed that I could have played Bd4+ and deliver the mate in the next move. When my opponent saw the move Bd4+ on the board, I think asuman thought for awhile and then left the game. So the time kept going because my opponent did not actually resign the game. I waited for a bit, but then claimed the win because I would have won the game even if my opponent would have come back to finish it. I have added one analysed game to the following posts: A36 English Opening: Symmetrical Variation. Botvinnik System, C45 Scotch Game: General, A10 English Opening: General and A20 English Opening: King's English Variation. General. I have also added one mate in one, one mate in two, one mate in three and two mate in four puzzles today. Until Monday, my fellow chess and chess960 enthusiasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment