6 Jan 2016

Chess960 SP834

Chess960 SP834

This game was played at lichess.org today. It was a 10 minute challenge created by my opponent. I thought that the game started very well for me and the developing my pieces seemed to be easy. I was already up a pawn after move 5, so this seemed like a game that I could easily win. How wrong was I with that assumption. On move 10, I played Qe3 because I thought that if my opponent answers with 10...g6, I can go to h4 with my knight without problems. At that point, I thought that my opponent could only attack the knight on h4 with the g-pawn in which case I could go back to f5 with the knight. However, after my opponent played g6, I noticed that I had blundered with the move 10.Qe3. My initial idea does not work because after my knight is on h4, greisfc can play Be7 and win the knight on h4. I decided to mix things a bit and played 11.Bxe5 and after my 13th move Nxf5, I had three pawns for the piece, so the material was about even at that point. The problem for me is that the dark squares around my king are very weak and indeed I meet me end on the dark squares. It seems that my initial idea of Nh4 would have been a decent move, at least according to Stockfish. After the blunder 11.Bxe5, I found myself in a position where my opponent has a clear advantage that only increased towards the end of the game. I have added one analysed game to these two posts: A15 English Opening: Anglo-Indian Defense. Mikenas-Carls Variation and C64 Spanish Game: Classical Variation. Charousek Variation. In addition, I did add two analysed games to my post A10 English Opening: General. I have also added one mate in two, two mate in three and two mate in four puzzles today.

Game number two. This was played yesterday at lichess and it was a rematch offered by my opponent. I thought originally to share this yesterday, but I kind of run out of time. This went a lot better than the first game. Already on move 4, I think my opponent goes a bit wrong. I do not see any good reason to move the knight for the second time instead of just developing the other knight, for example. The game continued quite evenly until my opponent made the huge blunder of playing 25.Bf5 which loses a piece and also the game. The game did continue quite a long time after this blunder and I thought that my technique was quite good during the game. Not only was I up on material, but at the end I was also up on time. Only just before I was going to promote my pawn to a queen, my opponent had enough of the game and resigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment