18 Jan 2016

Chess960 SP607

Chess960 SP607

This one started in a similar manner like other starting positions where the bishops are on g1, g8, h1 and h8, on my part that is. I again opened up the diagonals for the bishops as soon as I could. I think this and similar starting positions are the hardest for me to play because it is not clear where I would like to castle. The reason for that is that I would need to push pawns too much in both sides of the board in order to get the pieces out of the way, in order for me to castle. I guess further testing in these positions are required for me to figure out how to best develop my pieces. I think my first dubious move comes when I play 4...Qe5. I knew that my queen would be kicked around, but somehow I still wanted to play that move.

Very soon I discoved that my knights had very few good squares to which they could go to. After 14.f4, for instance, I thought that my position is very bad and it seemed very hard to get anything done. The losing move might have been 15...dxc5 which I played because I somehow thought that it would give me more play. I should have played 15...d5 like Stockfish suggests in this after game analysis. Unfortunately I did not even consider that move during the game. As I now look at the position after 15...d5, it looks a much more maintainable position than the one resulted after the game move. When my opponent played 21.Qe2, I was sure that I am completely lost now. I thought that after I reply with 21...Rd6, my opponent would play 22.Re1 and I would have maybe resigned at that point because there are no reasonable moves left that I could see. Valera7777 had something else in mind and I have to admit it is very strong idea as well or so I thought. I did not really see anything at this time, I completely failed to see the idea of Na6 via c5, which was the final nail in my coffin. I have added one analysed game to the following posts: D43 Semi-Slav Defense: General, C45 Scotch Game: Classical Variation, C10 French Defense: Rubinstein Variation. Blackburne Defense and B92 Sicilian Defense: Najdorf Variation. Opocensky Variation. I have also added one mate in three, three mate in four and one tactic puzzle today.

No comments:

Post a Comment