23 Nov 2015

Chess960 SP202

Chess960 SP202

This is my third game from the Chess960 pool and this time I concentrated on the game and did not try to do any commentary while I played. It had one positive effect, I did not lose on time, yay. Not sure if my game improved all that much though and I was on losing position when my opponent ran out of time. I think I will try a couple of other places to play chess960 for the next posts about chess960 that I will make. The goal is to play longer games than I get easily at the Internet Chess Club and faster ones that I can play at Chess.com because there I can easily play chess960 only as a correspondence game. Maybe it will change in the future, but if it means that they have to adapt the look of the new version of the site, I might just stop playing there altogether. Well, I may be a bit too harh on it, but I prefer the older version. It might be because I am accustomed to the old version and it would take some time to adapt to the new version.

I was never on the better side in this game, well maybe at one point I could have gotten some advantage, but I was unable to play accurately, partly due to time trouble and partly because I had no clear plan on how to proceed. After the missed opportunity for some kind of advantage an evenish position continued until I blundered in time trouble and played 38.Qd4? which lost the b5 pawn and should have also lost the game if my opponent had more time. I have added one analysed game to the following posts today: B18 Caro-Kann Defense: Classical Variation, C69 Spanish Game: Exchange Variation. Gligoric Variation, B12 Caro-Kann Defense: Advance Variation and E16 Queen's Indian Defense: Capablanca Variation. I have also added one mate in two, two mate in four and two mate in five puzzles today. There will be more chess960 later this week, but not every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment