12 Nov 2015

Chess960 SP74

Chess960 SP74

Time for some chess960 once again. After this game, all my chess960 games that I have a notation for, have appeared in the blog. This took a long time to publish because the pgn-file had the moves, but it was missing one line of code that I only today added after I investigated what was wrong with the pgn-file. I could have of course done this a lot earlier, had I took the time to see why the moves were not correctly shown at Chessbase. The problem that caused the moves to be shown in some parts of the game without a move number, was due to the fact that the pgn-file was missing this very important line [Variant "chess 960"]. Without this line, the program does not understand castling in chess960, which is why immediately when the move 12...O-O was in the notation, the rest of it was not shown properly anymore. I did have to make the moves again starting from that 12...O-O to get the full game properly working, I did try to do that without tempering with the pgn-file but it did not obviously work. I did look at the original pgn-file where the ICC client had originally put it, but it seemed at first glance like a proper pgn-file, but somehow it had the same problem as the copied version that had that line missing. So, I am not sure what was wrong with the original to cause these problems and it does not matter all that much because I was able to make it work and I am happy with that. I think I will play a game of chess960 today or tomorrow so that I have something new to post for tomorrow. I would have lot of chess games that I could post, but so far I have not been able to find any new openings, so it will be on hold until I discover something new. Or I should propably say that it is unlikely that I would post any chess games this week, but next week I will post those again, maybe four per day and one new chess960 starting position each day between Monday and Friday that is. That is the plan for next week, time will tell how well I succeed in that... I have added one mate in one, one mate in three, two mate in four and one mate in 28 puzzle today. If you look at the last one, you will realise why I decided to post a mate in so many moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment