13 Nov 2015

Chess960 SP450

Chess960 SP450

This was played at the Internet Chess Club today and this is my second ever chess960 game that I have played there. This was not a rated game and that fact I actually noticed only after I had played this game. I forgot that when I had previously played at ICC, I had played unrated games against a friend of mine and did not remember to change the challenge settings, so that I would be playing rated games again. It does not matter all that much, but the rated games bring a bit more added importance to the games in my opinion. This was also the first time that I played chess960 with 10 minute time controls, when I played a hundred game match against a friend of mine with those time controls, I realised that the time controls seem to work well for me. It is not as hasty as 5 minute games, but also not as time consuming as 15 minute games which I have previously preferred for rapid games. Well, I guess 10 minutes is still considered as blitz, so never mind. I thought I would also do live commentary for the game, which I did, but I am not sure if it is good enough to be posted for Youtube, for example. I did like my commentary when I did it, but after listening to it myself when I checked the video afterwards, I was less confident about the quality of it. I think I will do some live commentary for the next chess960 10 minute games and see if there will be something worth posting, because it would be alternative way to do things and nice way to do something different for a change.

I noticed when I looked this game in Chessbase 12 after the game that this one also had problems with the notation. Again starting from the point where castles was made. So I closed Chessbase 12 and opened the pgn-file with Notepad. I looked at where this line [Variant "Chess960"] was, a bit more closely now than I did with the game I posted yesterday and realised when comparing to working pgn-file of chess960 games that the variant name was not in a form that Chessbase understands it. I changed that line to look like this [Variant "chess 960"] as it was in the working pgn-file, saved the file and opened the file in Chessbase 12 again. I was really happy to realise that the game notation was working properly and I did not have to make the moves again starting from castling in order to make it work. I am not 100% sure why the notation in the other game required for me to input the moves again, but it might be something to do with the fact that I had not closed Chessbase 12 yesterday when I attempted to correct the notation. I have added two mate in two, two mate in five and one mate in six puzzle today. Until Monday, my fellow chess and chess960 enthusiasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment