26 Nov 2015

Chess960 SP878

Chess960 SP878

Sometimes it is fun to test chess/chess960 sites that I have not been playing before and two days ago I did just that. First I went to see what this e-chess960.com site was all about after I had seen a blog post that said it was a good place to play chess960. After I had created an account there, I asked some silly questions in chat because I was new to the site and did not know how things are done at that site. People were helpful and I got answers I was looking for, so it was time to play a game there. I have finished one game there and it is the game you can see below. This was a 10 minute game without increment and I think the quality of the game is better than it was on those previous chess960 games that I have posted recently from the Chess960 pool. After this game I offered my opponent a rematch, but we did not start a new 10 minute game, but instead a correspondence game with a 5 day timeout. Chances are that I can't finish that new game, because I can't log into that site anymore for some reason. I contacted the admin of the site today and time will tell what happens. If for some reason there is no solution to my problem, the game I share now is the last one I have played there. I do not really believe it would end up being like that and I think some solution will be reached and I can log in there some time in the hopefuly near future to continue that game I started and also play other games and get to know the site better. I did end up also testing another site the same day, but more about in the post I will do tomorrow. I have added one mate in one, one mate in two and three mate in four puzzles today. In addition, I have added one analysed game to the following posts: C62 Spanish Game: Steinitz Defense, C64 Spanish Game: Classical Variation, A20 English Opening: King's English Variation. General and A30 English Opening: Symmetrical Variation. General.

Game number two. The game below was played at lichess.org on December 25th 2015. This was a 7 minute game with a 4 second increment. I was rated 1775 before this game and marriedbachelor was rated 1557. The game started in a decent fashion where I got the hold of the center and it was hard for my opponent to develop his dark squared bishop. Actually on move six he decides to sacrifice a pawn in order to get his bishop activated. I am happy to get that material even if I have to give up the bishop pair in order to do so. My opponent blunders a pawn when he decides to play 13...Ne4? and after I take twice on e4, I am up a second pawn. The rest of the game does not pose that many difficulties for me and marriedbachelor resigns after I took his queen on move 26.

Game number three. For this game, I will for now post only a video of me doing a live commentary of the game. I will analyse this game at some point in a similar way as I have with the two other games found in this post, but unfortunately it might take quite a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment