18 Nov 2015

Chess960 SP262

Chess960 SP262

Time for some chess960 once again and this I played at the Internet Chess Club as a 10 minute rated game. Ten minutes is probably the lowest amount of time I can play chess960 somewhat ok. I do make quite bad moves even with these time controls, but somehow I can get back in the game after some moves are played. I mainly struggle in the opening phase of the game as I have no exact plan of how to play a certain starting position. Or I should say that I always think that I have a decent way to play in my mind, but after a couple of moves I see the error of my thought process. I still consider myself a newbie in chess960, because I have only played 47 games of it. Some starting positions I do get more familiar with because the starting positions do not change in the tournaments that are held at Chess.com. I do not think though that I would be any kind of expert in those starting positions either, but at least I have some experience in them.

After I had played two moves in this game and I saw my opponent play 3.f4 with the idea of attacking both the e5 and a7 pawns, I thought that here I go again with an unintentional pawn sacrifice in the opening. It did not end up being such a bad thing in the end especially when my opponent did not take that pawn immediately and actually the analysis after this game showed that Stockfish even prefers my position after Squaring took that pawn. I did end up ruining my position later in the game and I was only able to win this game because my opponent ran out of time. I have added one analysed game to my post D10 Slav Defense: General. In addition, I have added one mate in two, one mate in three, one mate in four and two mate in five puzzles.

Game number two. This game was played at ChessRex.com as a correspondence game with both players having 5 days to make their move. This ended up lasting only a bit over a month, which is quite fast paced for me as far as correspondence games are concerned. The game started on November 24th and finished on December 27th. November 24th was also the first day that I visited ChessRex.com and started to play there. Since that day, I have finished 5 games there, one 10 minute chess960 game and four correspondence games out of which three have been chess games and one has been a chess960 game. I have so far won all my games there, but I doubt it will last for long. I am currently playing four games there and have kept my game load at four steadily there recently.

Game number three will be seen only as a video for now. More detailed look at it will be seen here at some point in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment