8 Jul 2015

Chess960 SP382

Chess960 SP382

I thought yesterday that I would have been able to continue posting some of my chess games today but it seems that time just flies too fast and other things took too long in order for me to do so. As chess960 has been a backup plan for me at times, I thought I would be at least able to post a game from a starting position I had not featured before which I luckily found before this day ended. Tomorrow should be more normal day for me but plans might change if something happens that disrupts the normal way of things. I might post a mix of chess and chess960 games tomorrow but I can't say it for certain at this time. The game below was a challenge from my opponent. This game showed once more that I should be more aware of the board from move one. I obviously was not even considering the fact that my opponent could threaten something after his first move. I guess I have played chess too much that when I play chess960, I try to play it too similarly and can't see threats that "normally" should not be possible. After two moves I was down a pawn and the exchange, so pretty much a resignable position but I thought to continue a few more moves. I did have some compensation for the material, my lead in development, but obviously it was not enough. Actually it was my opponent who offered the draw, mainly because he thought that the position is a bit stuck but I would have probably played on if I were him. I was happy to agree to a draw obviously in this friendly game against a good player whose rating at the moment might be lower than mine but that might change. I played an over the board blitz game against him today and lost. Well, I am not that good at blitz even though my national blitz rating is higher than my standard rating. I have added one mate in one, two mate in twos, one mate in three and one mate in six puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment