13 Jul 2015

Chess960 SP920

Chess960 SP920

This game is my first ever chess960 game and it was played at the Free Internet Chess Server on April 5th 2011. My first four games in this chess variant were against this same opponent. Those four games are also the only chess960 games I have played against him. I am not sure how many chess games I have played against him but I would reckon it has to be several hundreds at this point. It is always nice to play against him, not only because I mostly win but also because the games are rarely boring in my opinion. We do not play the same openings all the time, so there is some variance in that aswell. Well, it is likely that he will change the openings if I would like to play the same stuff more than once in a row. Even though I have good results against him, he is still very dangerous opponent to me face especially in longer time controls. He probably calculates variations better than me but part of the reason for that is that he most of the time uses too much of his time searching for the crushing move and I end up winning on time. This is true in blitz at least. I actually do not remember all that many games that I would have won because my position was better or that I ended up checkmating his king. I have added two mate in twos and three mate in threes today. In addition I have added one more analysed chess game to my post C53 Italian Game: Bird's Attack, I have also added more chess960 content today, one game to the post Chess960 SP33, two games to the post Chess960 SP50 and one game to the post Chess960 SP563. Until tomorrow, my fellow chess enthusiasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment