18 Dec 2015

Chess960 SP11

Chess960 SP11

The game below was played as unrated 10 minute game at lichess.org today. This indeed was a casual game in many ways because this has been the only game for many years where my opponent has asked to take back a move. I actually did allow that takeback because it was really bad move and quite obvious misclick. Had the game been rated, I would have thought about granting that takeback maybe a bit more. The game went ok for me until I ended up playing the silly mistake 3.Nd3 which loses a pawn on d4. On move 9 my opponent blundered by playing a4 and I was able to get the pawn back with 10.Nc5. The takeback move came when my opponent first played 16...Qb5 and after I allowed the takeback traded the queens. It was something that I was ok with because I had thought about it before the takeback and considered it bad for my opponent. The idea was that after the queens are traded, I play my knight on d3 and then play Bxc6. My opponent allowed me to take on b4 without needing to trade my bishop for the knight, so on move 19 I already was up a pawn and had an easy game to play. Two moves later I was two pawns up and my opponent seemed to sacrifice pawns for no good reason in my opinion. The rest of the game did not pose any real problems and I was able to play the moves without much thought. I have added two mate in two, two mate in three and one mate in four puzzle today. Until Monday, when I may get back to posting also analysed chess games again.

No comments:

Post a Comment