14 Dec 2015

Chess960 SP873

Chess960 SP873

This game was played today at lichess.org as a 10 minute rated game. I think this was another good game from me, unfortunately I just moved too slowly and ended up losing on time. I did offer my opponent a draw when I had a bit over a minute on the clock, but my higher rated opponent thought to try and win on time instead... I guess I can't blame my opponent for doing that but had the situation been reversed, I would have accepted the draw. Maybe in my younger days I would played on and tried to win on time as well, but not anymore because I do not try to win clearly drawn games but instead offer a draw and if it is accepted, I move into other things. The game below was my second loss at lichess and I have played 11 games there so far, all of which have been chess960 games.

I was able to finally play enough games Saturday at the FIDE Online Arena that I am now Arena International Master!! It took a little bit too long in my opinion to get that title, but I am very happy to finally receive it. However, in case the diploma for the title take as long to receive as it did with my first title, it will be March or April next year that I have the certificate for the title. I mean surely it can't take so long to send those via e-mail. I have added one mate in one, two mate in three and two mate in four puzzles today. I added yesterday one more analysed game to the following posts: A36 English Opening: Symmetrical Variation. Botvinnik System, A30 English Opening: Symmetrical Variation. General, D37 Queen's Gambit Declined: Three Knights Variation. General, A10 English Opening: General, C45 Scotch Game: General and A20 English Opening: King's English Variation. General. I also noticed yesterday something that I thought was impossible before, I found a duplicate game in the blog... I did remove it when I noticed it. In my post called A17 English Opening: Anglo-Indian Defense. Hedgehog System there was previously two games, now there is only one. I was only able to notice it when I started to create a database that has all the games I have published. The reason I did not realise it when I posted that other game is that the names of my opponents were different and so was the analysis done to the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment