4 Dec 2015

Chess960 SP476

Chess960 SP476

I played again today at lichess.org, this time only one game because my opponent did not want to play a rematch that I offered. And this game was different also because of the time controls, this game was played with 7 minute and 10 second increment time controls. This starting position is one that I am not sure how to best develop the pieces, already after a couple of moves I knew that this is not going to go so well for me, too many pawn moves at the start and the development of my pieces was quite slow. The biggest problem that I have in this particular starting position is how to get the bishops developed. I think in the starting positions where the bishops are on b1, g1, b8 and g8, the bishops are in the worst possible positions. I would not want to play both c4 and f4 to get the bishops out, in this SP476 I would prefer to develop my bishops by placing the bishops on the b-file to a2 and a7 respectively and get the bishop on the g-file into play by moving the f-pawn. Because the queens reside in h1 and h8, I would also like to castle queenside if possible. This was the first loss I suffered at lichess, so after seven games there I have won five, drawn one and lost one. I have added three mate in two and two mate in five puzzles today. Until Monday, my fellow chess and chess960 enthusiasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment