10 Dec 2015

Chess960 SP196

Chess960 SP196

This is one of the rare games that I have played unrated online. The game below was played at lichess.org and it had 10 minute and 10 second increment time controls. I was really happy to the way that the game went in the early part of the game and after my opponent played 12.Bxe4 I thought that I am going to win for sure now. As the game notation shows, I was wrong to think that. Actually Anonymous was clearly better at that point and had my opponent played 13.d5, I would have been in huge trouble. That is because I can't take the pawn on d5 in the view of 14.c4+ and it would be time for me to resign. The move chosen by my opponent 13.dxc5?? made things really easy for me. I played 13...N6xc5 quite fast as a reply, but then my opponent stopped moving for several minutes and I thought that he or she would let his or her time run out, but when my opponent had less than one minute left on the clock he or she played 14.Ne5 and said that the reason for the long think was a telephone call that happened. No matter what the reason was, this game felt a bit unfinished to me as only 15 moves were played, but I am obviously always happy to win a game. After this game I had played 9 games at lichess and I had won 7, drawn 1 and lost 1, so my stats so far are really good. I did play another game there today as well, but I will share that tomorrow. I have added one mate in one, one mate in two, two mate in four and one mate in five puzzle today.

No comments:

Post a Comment